The use of CCTV at the Practice
The purpose of CCTV at Tickhill & Colliery Medical Practice is to:
Protect the safety, security and wellbeing of staff, patients, visitors and contractors
Prevent and detect crime within the organisation and may be used to support the prosecution of offenders
Facilitate learning through reflection as a result of incidents occurring within the monitored areas
CCTV will not be used for any purpose other than those specified above.
Have Your Say on Health Services in Doncaster
Health Chiefs in Doncaster are supporting a national campaign to raise awareness of the importance of patient participation in GP practices to help meet the needs of local people.
Patient Participation Awareness Week organised by the National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP) takes place from June 2 to 7 and will promote the role and benefits of Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) and their involvement in achieving the highest quality care for all patients.
All GP practices in Doncaster have a PPG, which usually meets every six to eight weeks, and they are always looking for new members to join. PPGs welcome young people, working people, retirees, carers, parents, people with long term health conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups to ensure a better representative model.
The aim of the groups is to give patients an opportunity to meet, discuss the services on offer and support their local practiced to help improve those services where necessary.
PPGs can help patients to access appropriate information to make more informed decisions about their care. They also provide opportunities for patients to take an active role in working alongside their local practices to improve the patient experience and encourage people to take greater responsibility for their own health.
Dr Nabeel Alsindi, Clinical Lead for Primary Care at Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group said: "Effective PPGs bring significant benefits to the local practices in Doncaster by helping to improve services and help practice staff be proactive in providing services that truly reflect what patients want and need. Most importantly they can help develop mutually supportive networks outside the GP or nurse appointment."
Members of the PPG also act as a link to the wider community and can provide practical support at times by running patient surveys, health awareness events and campaigns.
If you have an interest in health, and you feel that you could make a positive contribution in supporting your local health service then please contact your local GP practice direct or register your interest here https://www.primarycaredoncaster.co.uk/join-a-ppg
New app launched to support better emotional health
The new myStrength Emotional Wellbeing app supports your journey to better emotional health. Commissioned by SYB ICS in partnership with Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield CCGs for people living in these areas and delivered by Consultant Connect, this free app will provide patients 16 years+ a personalised programme that helps with sleep, anxiety, depression and more.
- designed for patients 16 years+ seeking proven tools and dedicated support for stress, depression, sleep and more
- free and available to access immediately
- engaging and personalised content covering a broad range of mental wellness areas
- Quick activities, helpful resources and tracking tools
Simply download Teladoc myStrength App from the App Store or Google Play
Practice Closures -
29th August 2022
26th & 27th December 2022
When the Practice is closed, please call 111 for medical advice or 999 in the event of a medical emergency.
It's getting to that time of year where people are starting to look at venturing out and booking holidays abroad.
If people are booking flights to America, and have had Covid-19 in the 90 days prior to your flight, the Centre for Disease Control asks that passengers have a signed letter, clearing them for travel, from a "licensed healthcare provider or a public health official".
The GPs at the Tickhill and Colliery Medical Practice are unable to offer this service for the foreseeable future.
If any of our patients needs one of these letters, they must be obtained either through a private General Practitioner, or another licensed healthcare provider if they are offering the service.
We have had some queries recently relating to face mask wearing when attending surgery. The guidance on wearing face masks is as follows:
"Face coverings and face masks will continue to be required in health and care settings to comply with infection prevention and control (IPC) and adult social care guidance. This includes hospitals and primary or community care settings, such as GP surgeries. They must also be worn by everyone accessing or visiting care homes.
You are required to wear a face covering on entering these healthcare settings and must keep it on until you leave unless you are exempt"
Many Thanks for your continued co-operation
The JCVI has sent out further guidance for Practices and Primary Care Networks regarding Booster Vaccinations:
12 - 15 year old patients are now eligible for their Booster jab if they are classed as clinically vulnerable, severely immunosuppressed or are household contacts of someone who is severely immunosuppressed.
All 16 - 17 year old patients who had their second dose of Vaccination over 12 weeks ago, are now eligible to receive their Booster.
If you would like to book you Booster vaccination, you can contact the surgery on 01302 742503 or 01302 986666 or you can contact the number attached to your eligibility SMS.
Everyone over the age of 18 years in the UK is now eligible for their
Covid Booster Vaccine.
You can book this by calling the Tickhill & Colliery Surgery on 01302 742503 or 01302 986666.
Alternatively, you can book this online using the NHS.uk
Covid-19 Update 8th December 2021:
Fast Facts: Covid vaccinations in Doncaster
Briefing issued Friday 3 December 2021
· The Government has recently announced that everyone over the age of 18 will soon be able to get a third or “booster” vaccination against Covid.
· And instead of having to wait 6 months between their second vaccine and their booster dose, people will only have to wait for 3 months (or 91 days).
· This is following advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) to increase protection ahead of any wave of infection and to help reduce the impact of the Omicron variant.
· Therefore, the NHS will offer vaccination in descending age groups, with priority given to the vaccination of older adults and those in a Covid-19 at-risk group first.
· In Doncaster we are getting ready to extend the booster vaccination to everyone over 18 in the next few weeks.
· It is a huge programme, but we are currently working out our delivery plans and will update you as soon as possible.
· The NHS will let you know when it’s your turn for your booster.
· Please do not call your GP surgery asking for a booster before you are eligible.
· Currently people aged 40+ are eligible for a booster vaccination.
· It is offered to those who have already had two doses. At the present time a booster is available no sooner than 6 months after a second dose.
· Eligible people, including those of all ages who are clinically vulnerable, are being called forward for their booster jabs by their GP surgeries.
· Bookings are also being taken through the National Booking Service (which is not run by Doncaster CCG) or by calling 119. If you choose to use these services instead of waiting for an invitation from your GP surgery, the available centres may be further away and may involve travel. Not all local sites in Doncaster can be accessed by this service.
· Some pharmacies commissioned directly by the national NHS are also contacting eligible people by text to invite them for their boosters.
Walk-in vaccination centres in Doncaster:
· We encourage everyone to get vaccinated against Covid-19
· Many people still haven’t had a first or second dose. Our walk-in clinics were set up primarily to offer first and second doses – an offer that remains on the table indefinitely.
· Many people choose to make a booking direct at our walk-in centres when they are invited by their practices, including many who are eligible for a booster.
· Our walk-in centres are currently at Lakeside Shopping Village and Rutland House. Details of walk-in times and dates can be found on the CCG website: Get vaccinated at one of our drop-in clinics – Doncaster CCG
· We welcome people who haven’t booked but, if you make the choice to ‘walk in’ without an appointment we stress: you must be eligible or you may be turned away; you must be prepared to wait as walk-ins are proving very popular and can get very busy; we may not have adequate supplies towards the end of a day and the clinic may close earlier than advertised as a result
· Staff at the walk-in centres will keep people informed how long they may have to wait
· We ask that people are patient and polite at our walk-ins. The staff there are working hard to deliver as many vaccines as possible, but they need to take comfort and refreshment breaks.
Our next Fast Facts update bulletin will be issued on Wednesday 8 December
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep up to date by visiting Covid-19 Vaccination Programme – Doncaster CCG
Your GP practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please ring us on 01302 742503 (Tickhill Surgery) or 01302 986666 (Colliery Surgery), we are still working from a triage system, however, face-to-face appointments ARE available where clinically indicated.
You can also call NHS 111.
If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured that we will be in touch.
Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, online and over the telephone. If you are coming into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering and abide by social distancing measures. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
WHEN THE SURGERY IS CLOSED
When we are closed, you can still contact the surgery and you will be redirected to the Out Of Hours GP Service. If you are not connected, it will be due to the lines being busy so please try again until you are connected to the call handler.
From Monday (July 19th) some of the COVID-19 restrictions will be eased as England moves to the next stage of the government’s roadmap.
As exciting as it may be to think about a life without restrictions, it is important to recognise that the virus is circulating in very high numbers in our community.
We have a number of vulnerable and unvaccinated patients and intend to continue with the same approach to face mask use in the health centre.
We request that all visitors and staff in the health centre continue to wear a face mask unless medically exempt. This is in line with Public Health England guidance for hospitals and primary care settings. Thank you.
The COVID-19 Vaccination programme is well underway across the whole of the UK.
The Community vaccine is being administered at hubs for a network of GP practices. For our patients, the vaccine is being administered at the Dearne Valley Leisure Centre.
The Practice has a strict protocol to follow which is set by NHS England and the rules are being followed by all vaccine centres up and down the country. Patients are being called in a pre-set order of priority, further details can be found on the government website or you can visit our Facebook page for updates on drop in clinics.
You may find it helpful to read more information about the Doncaster vaccination programme rollout and FAQs on the NHS Doncaster CCG website: https://www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk/your-care/coronavirus-latest-news-and-information/covid-19-vaccine/
Thank you all for your patience and understanding whilst our staff work hard to ensure the vaccination programme rollout is a success across the Doncaster South Primary Care Network.
COVID-19 VACCINE SCAM ALERT - If you receive a message from, what looks like, the NHS, but it is asking for your bank details or requests payment to book a COVID vaccine – THIS IS A SCAM. When you are eligible for your vaccine you will be contacted directly by your GP Practice for your FREE COVID vaccine appointment.
Do you have a non-urgent or admin request for the practice? Would it be easier for you to submit this remotely/ via text, rather than telephoning?
We have now gone live with a new online consultation service - Accurx Patient Triage.
This is a great way for you to contact our practice for non-urgent medical or admin requests.
To use this, please follow the link below:
Thank you for visiting the website of the Tickhill and Colliery Medical Practice. This website is intended as a source of information for patients.
We are a semi rural practice operating from two surgeries, 3 miles apart, both of which are fully equipped and patients attend one or the other surgery. The majority, 6000 patients are registered at Tickhill and approximately 3200 from Bircotes / Harworth and the surrounding villages.
Tickhill is a prosperous semi rural community with some strong local farming roots. Bircotes and Harworth are mining villages, with some areas of deprivation following the closure of the local Colliery and other small manufacturing sites.
The practice has a GMS contract and is a high achiever of QOF points.
The practice operates a ZERO tolerance policy, our staff are here to help and not to be abused this will NOT under any circumstances be accepted and appropriate action would be considered and if necessary implemented.
(Site updated 30/06/2022)